Sunday, July 13, 2008

A New Toy! Maiden Voyage...

The kids and I bought a new bike trailer. We found it used on Craigslist for $50 and went to pick it up on Friday. We have a really nice riding trail near us called the Silver Comet Trail. It's a rails to trails path that stretchs from here in Smyrna all the way to Alabama. I did a little research and rented a bike trailer twice with the children to make sure they liked it. After all, they are getting big and have to squeeze in shoulder to shoulder. Luckily, they get along quite well and did great in the close quarters. They promised me they liked the ride so we decided to get one of our one. I figure this is one of the ways I'm going to get my cycling in for triathlon training. Not ideal conditions for riding when you're towing 80+ lbs, but it definitely adds to the difficulty of the workout and that's not a bad thing! We took the trailer out for our maiden voyage Friday evening. Here are the shots from our start. It involved snacks, drinks, an assortment of Disney cars, Care Bears, helmets....

No comments: