Thursday, May 7, 2009

113th Boston Marathon!








Had a great trip to Boston this year! Lisa was a fantastic host and it was great to catch up with friends! Here's Boston by the numbers:
113th Boston Marathon
My 18th marathon
My 4th Boston
Personal best of 3:24:34
7:48 pace per mile
7:28 my fastest mile
7:39 my last mile
8:18 my slowest mile, as predicted, Heartbreak Hill
1:41 First half of the marathon
1:43 second half of the marathon
26.2 miles dedicated to friends, loved ones, and inspirational people
Mile 14 - where I saw Rick and Dick Hoyte
Mile 22.5 - where I saw Lisa and Jen
Miles 14 and 22 - where I was choked up by my pace bracelet!
I felt so empowered by my pace bracelet filled with dedications. Thanks to all for being such a great part of my life! I'll be back to Boston next year for the 114th....




1 comment:

Jim said...

Congratulations on not only attempting and finishing the Boston Marathon, but doing it at an impressive pace. I am not sure I could drive a mile in under 8 minutes let alone run one. And to finish the second half only 2 minutes slower than your first half is what really impresses me. Of course the fact that you did all your training while keeping a house and raising two children is awesome. What an inspiration.