Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!

Wow! Today was our first day of school! Lauren started Pre-K, which is 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. Ethan started "Older 2's" preschool, which is two days a week for 3 hours each day. They were both quite excited and both seemed ready to take on the school year. I was definitely concerned about Ethan, since he had a tough time with the drop-in nursery in the spring. He did great, though! Didn't even look back when I left him at his classroom door! The word is that we have the two best teachers at the preschool, so I am psyched. We had our share of difficulties getting Ethan a spot at The Preschool, now we will enjoy the two greatest teachers! Hip Hip, Hurray!
So what does a mama do with those (2 1/2) hours of alone, kidless time? Why she runs and shops, of course! Nothing like a kidless 8+ miler and then a shopping excursion at Whole Foods Market. Life is good. For kicks, I mapped out my run on "Mapmyrun.com" and am trying to post it below... We'll see!
" Cheese!!!"

What a smile!
These kids are ready for school!

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Caryn, they look so happy and so adorable! Can't believe how big they are getting! Isn't it crazy how they grow? Glad you are getting some Mommy time!

e & m said...

Caryn - they r so cute! I'm glad you shared w/ me - nice to catch up with you and the fam... I feel as if it were just yesterday. BTW, I'm so impressed with the races - that's great! (I seriously think you could lap me in a 5k :)Erika