Thursday, September 18, 2008

Navigator Triathlon Results

I recently competed in the Navigator Triathlon on Saturday, September 13th. It was a sprint triathlon with a 500 yd swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.1 mile trail run. The race was held at one of GA's state parks, so we decided to make a family camp trip out of it! The camping portion of the trip ended up being a disaster, and I won't post details here. Every second at the computer hurts my neck, so posting about a horrible camping adventure is just not worth the pain. I will, however mention my results! I came in 3rd overall for Women and 2nd in my age group! The women's overall winner was in my age group, so I came in behind her. I earned a nice little trophy and a $50 gift certificate to a cycle shop. There were 14 women in my age group. My swim time was 5th, my bike time was 2nd, and my run time was 1st. In fact, I had the fastest run time among ALL women competitors, and beat most the men's run times, too. I suppose that's what I'm most proud of. My transition times were also among the fastest, which is great. I hadn't been able to bike, swim or run for almost 3 weeks due to this neck and upper back issue, so my training was suffering going in. Combine that with a night of NO sleep (remember the part about the camping disaster?) and that makes me very happy that I had a good race. This was my first triathlon on my new bike. (Third triathlon to date). I love my bike! It was only the 6th time I've been able to ride it. Right after I bought it, my neck went into crisis mode and I've seen 2 doctors, done some physical therapy, and am now doing chiropractic and massage. Speaking of neck pain, gotta go! This computer time is wrecking me! I'll be doing my last triathlon of the season on October 5th, up at Lake Lanier. Can't wait for that!

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Caryn, Awesome job! You rock!
Sorry about your neck though, I'll pray it heals soon!

Renee said...

Hi Caryn! you're little ones (or not so little ones!) are so amazing! And these race results are excellent! Nice job...things in CT are good, busy as you can see but very good. Email me how things are when you have a free moment renee.tulimieri@ubs.com