Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Success at 10-for-10!

I'm done! I did it! And I'm glad it's over! I really enjoyed the challenge that running 10 miles a day for 10 days in a row brought me. I knew a couple of days would be tough just to find the time.... but I did it. The travel days were tough. We drove to KY for Thanksgiving, and wanted to leave early, so running 10 beforehand was impossible. I had to run when we got there, when all the fun was just beginning and I simply wanted to be with my family. Travel day coming home was tough, too. But I prevailed, and with a little Madonna Hard Candy kickin' on the Ipod, Sunday's run after travel, Day 9, ended up being one of my fastest at 1:16, just over a 7:30 pace. The final day, Day 10, yesterday, had to be done on the treadmill. I had no other choice. 10 miles even. All in all, I ran over 102 miles, and my body held up much better than I thought it would. I did 4 runs in KY, which were tougher than I gave them credit for! I felt strong on the runs, but by 8:15 pm I was ready for bed. Such a party pooper and not the nighttime ring-leader that everyone was used to! Well, that's all until next time...

No comments: