Saturday, May 24, 2008

Camping With Nana and Papa

Lauren, Ethan, and I went camping with Nana and Papa at John Tanner State Park from 5/12 to 5/15. The State Park is awesome! It's got a nice sized lake and sandy beach with a 1.1 mile paved path around the lake, two playgrounds, and a second smaller lake with a nature trail (ie, more natural dirt path). Good for taking a nice run, bike ride, or walk. We stayed in Nana and Papa's 38 ft. motor home so we can hardly call it "camping," or "roughing it." The highlights of the trip were a nice, long nature walk where we identified wildflowers, animals and fish, our first swim of the season, and roasting marshmellows at the campfire. I also had a nice seven-lap run around the lake that I thoroughly enjoyed. I should have taken advantage of the "open water" swimming to prep for my first tri, but I was too wimpy... the water was COLD!!! We all really enjoyed the trip, but camping is not easy, even with all the frills. Eric and I will try tenting with the kids very soon. We've just had a busy spring with soccer!


Gotta Run,
Caryn

No comments: